Sant Shri Asaram Bapuji’s Incarnation Day (Avataran Diwas) is celebrated as Vishwa Seva Diwas all over the world by millions of followers of Pujya Bapuji. On the occasion of Avataran Divas, Pujya Bapuji’s sadhaks do a lot of welfare activities across the world.
Exceeding number 425 ashrams, 1400 Shri Yoga Vedanta Sewa Samitis (SYVSS), 17,000 Bal Sanskara Kendra (BSK), thousands of Yuva Sewa Sanghs (YSS), Mahila Utthan Mandals (MUM) celebrate H.H. Asharam Bapuji’s (referred to as ‘Bapuji’) incarnation day every year as ‘Vishwa Sewa Diwas’ – a day meant to serve the humanity by keeping in mind ‘Vasudhaiv kutumbukum’ (वसुधैव कुटुम्बकम् ) i.e. “the whole world is one family”. The day is celebrated amongst Bapuji’s followers with fervor and gaiety in many ways.
‘Vishwa Sewa Divas’ (Worldwide Selfless-service Day) – Incarnation Day of Sant Shri Asharamji Bapu.
Sant Shri Asharamji Ashram:
Main ashram was established on January 29, 1972 in Ahmedabad on the banks of Sabarmati River and later on many ashrams got established in India and abroad. This great day is celebrated with various altruistic activities being performed by a total of 425 ashrams located in India and several abroad locations such as New Jersey, Washington DC (USA), Toronto (Canada) etc.
More than 1400 S.Y.V.S.S. are functional in various altruistic activities throughout the world. Apart from the samitis located at various Indian states & Union Territories, samitis at Canada, North America, Dubai, Singapore, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Chile, Nairobi, Toronto, England, etc. and many more samities are functional in this series.
By taking initiation (“mantra diksha”) from Bapuji, millions of the disciples got benefitted and improvised their life-style by adopting various things as taught during initiation.
Other than Ashram & SVYSS, there are several activities performed under Bapuji’s instructions by the entities run under His aegis; few of such entities and the activities performed by them are as under:
- Anusuya Nari Utthan Mandal And Mahila Utthan Mandals:– to improvise women’s uplight.
- Bal Sanskara Kendra (BSK): to morally, spiritually & materially uplift the children.
- Yuva Sewa Sanghs (YSS): to morally, spiritually & materially uplift the youth.
- Awareness by various discourses: Through discourses, Bapuji has taught the methods to attain moral & spiritual values and Vedanta knowledge by assimilation of all – Bhakti Yoga (devotion), Karma Yoga (selfless service) and Gyan Yoga (knowledge); leading towards attaining the Supreme Bliss in simplest manner.
- Literature and monthly magazines: Approximate 350 books in 14 languages are published under his aegis; the publications include Rishi Prasad, Lok Kalyan Setu etc. More than 7 lakh people are member of Rishi Prasad monthly magazine, which shows the way to both spiritual and worldly progress.
- Rishi Darshan Spiritual Video:
- Yuvadhan Suraksha campaigns: More than 1 crore 55 lakh books named ‘Yuvadhan Suraksha’ or ‘Divya Prerna Prakash’ have been distributed amongst the public to protect the youth by such campaigns.
- Vidhyarthi Ujjwal Bhavishya Nirman Shivirs: Student upliftment camps are held through which students learn the tactics to improvise memory power, concentration; thus becoming firm in resolve and judicious in serving the nation.
- Vanvasi Upliftment Centers: For tribals (adivasis), forest-dwellers (vanvasis) and destitute; food, shelter and the required things are provided.
- Useful material distribution by ration cards: The poor, widows and destitute are given ration card by Bapuji’s ashrams through which they get their basic necessities for consumption on regular basis every month.
- Gurukul Education: to nurture children with spiritual & ethical values with a blend of advanced education.
- Satsang telecast on Mangalmay IPTV Channel: Apart from being telecast on some TV channels, Bapuji’s discourses are available on internet as well.
- Natural calamity and disaster management: Ashram has always provided its honorary services during disasters, be it in Latur, or Bhuj’s earth quakes, famine of Gujarat, flood in Odisha/ Gujarat or in case of the tsunami crisis.
- Cow-services: Many cow-shelters have been established by Bapuji in many states like M.P., Rajasthan, Haryana, and Maharashtra
- De-addiction (Vyasan – Mukti) camps: through these camps, people get benefitted and leave vices of drinking, smoking and eating harmful substances such as guthkha etc.
- Sankirtan Yatras and Prabhat Feris: For environmental purity and to get rid of bad resolves ‘Harinaam Sankirtan Yatra’and Prabhat feris are conducted during which good-literature is also distributed.
- Medical facility: Ayurvedic, Homeopathic, Naturopathic and acupressure treatments are provided free of cost to the tribals and deprived ones.
- Video-satsang sessions: more than 8,000 video-satsang centers are run to creates spiritual awareness and thus teach art to live life successfully.
- Prisoners upliftment centers: Prisoners upliftment programs are conducted in many states and various satsang sessions regarding physical, mental, spiritual upliftment are carried out. Through such programs, around 2,40,000 prisoners got benefitted. They were even given note-books to write god’s name, so that they could utilize the time in jails! Ashram has even provided several jail libraries with sets of 73 books, Cds and cassettes related to Bapuji’s discourses.
- Environment protection by Havans and Yajnas: When today’s environment is heavily polluted due to smoke, dust etc., this is naturally purified by Maha-Mrityunjay Havans and other Yajnas as performed by Bapuji’s disciples.
Short glimpses of sewa during incarnation day:
- 11, 00,000 kg food was distributed amongst the poor, deprived and the widows.
- 1, 22, 00,000 litres butter-milk distribution.
- 3, 30,000-fruit and spiritual literature distributed amongst patients.
- 6, 00,000-vice-free posters distribution.
- 8,00,000-note-books with spiritual and inspirational quotes distribution.
Incarnation day in 2016 in Jodhpur:
Incarnation day of Bapuji is being celebrated by disciples despite heavy rains and storms. Disciples moved around the jail premises and made that place a pilgrimage. In various ashrams Maha-Mritunjay mantra chanting and yajnas were performed. In Ahmedabad 108 Kundi Yajna was performed for Bapuji’s health & wellness. Altruistic activities like Sri Paduka poojan, Sri Asharamayan path, video-discourses, bhajan-kirtan were performmed by samitis, Bal Sanskara Kendra across India as well as abroad.
BECAUSE OF THE AFORESAID SELFLESS ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY ASHRAMS UNDER BAPUJI’S INSTRUCTIONS, HE WAS CHOSEN AS THE STATE – GUEST BY MANY STATES, WHERE HE HELD HIS DISCOURSES SESSIONS; FEW OF SUCH INSTANCES ARE AS UNDER:
- 26-29 June 2001-JK
- 1-4 June 2006, 16-17 June 2007 – H.P.
- 12-14 July 2010 – Odisha
- 14-16 July 2010 – Chhattisgarh
- 16-18 July 2010 – M.P.
- 25-30 September 2010 &6-7 July 2011-Karnataka
Let us discuss the growth rate of satsang sessions held in previous years:
Well planned conspiracy started in the year 2008 but despite defamation by the conspirators, Bapuji’s followership kept on increasing day by day.
||No. of places the discourses were held
A lady named Ms. Sunanda P. Tanwar, residing in London (U.K.), with Indian origin had shown concerns that Indians are as quiet as corpse on the issue of Bapuji’s incarceration. If He were born in England, He would have got many awards including Nobel Prize and other significant ones for the altruistic deeds performed by Him or pursuant to His instructions, that too free of cost – just for the welfare of the public as a whole.
‘NATIONAL COUNCIL OF HINDU TEMPLES OF THE UNITED KINGDOM’ CONDEMNED THE INCARCERATION OF BAPUJI IN FALSE AND FABRICATED CASES.
Let us get united to raise concerns for the saint who was given honour of becoming State Guest and is being ignored these days after getting embroiled in this fake case. Only then the celebration of His incarnation day will become more meaningful.